A Proxy Browser is a proxy server site that allows users to browse through different sites without being directly connected to them. It is a program used by most Internet entrepreneurs to market and expand their business. What’s good is that hundreds of these are available on the web.
It is a type of server that can act as an intermediate between clients and other servers. The client will first have to connect to this browser and request for what he needs. He can request for a certain service, a file, a connection, a web page or a resource that is not available on his server.
The next thing a proxy browser does is to evaluate the client’s request according to their standard filtering rules. It can for instance, filter traffic by IP protocols or addresses. Once the client’s request is found valid, the proxy will now readily provide him with the resources.
There are many kinds of proxy servers found online. You can use any of them depending on your preferences. This long list includes caching web proxies, Content-filtering web proxy, Anonymizing web proxies, Hostile web proxies, Intercepting web proxies among many others.
If you are having trouble looking for one, you can always join forums where you can seek opinions from other users. Here, you may ask them for an effective site you can use. If you are having doubts about the proxy browser you found, you can always read on reviews about that server.
Perhaps the best thing about these browsers is that they have no down times unlike other sites. This can allow you to access them anytime and anywhere. These tools have indeed been a big aid to many Internet users. From helping them in their online business to just simply going to sites that are blocked by their main server.
Here are some significant uses of a Proxy Browser:
- Keep the users and the machines behind it anonymous. Did you know that with every site you enter, you basically give away all your personal information such as passwords and usernames? This tool will provide no way for the user after you can to trace your Internet history easily.
- Speed up your access to online resources. Sometimes, the most annoying part of surfing the web is to wait for it to buffer. These kinds of browsers are commonly used to cache web pages. These servers do this by delivering the requests quickly.
- Censorship and Filtering. In schools and public computers, these browsers are utilized to filter certain websites or its content. This allows them to prevent their users from entering inappropriate websites. If you own a company, you cans use these browsers to prevent your employees from accessing sites that will cause them to waste time compromising your company’s output.
- Accessing blocked sites from your school or workplace. This is one of the superficial but fun uses of these browsers. This function is just the opposite of what was previously mentioned. Most social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter are blocked on universities and offices. With the help of these servers, you can easily enter these sites.
- Proxy browsers can also be useful in preventing your account in any site from being hacked.
- To audit usage. You can for example, use these browsers to provide your company with Internet employee usage reporting.
- Safe way to surf the net. You can also use these sites to protect your computer from malicious software, viruses and even spyware.